A/I Eudora 5.x Configuration Howto
Note: the Eudora version (5.x) which this howto has been written for is obsolete, even if the manual is updated with connection parameters compatible with A/I current settings. If you use newer versions of Eudora and want to help us update this howto, contact us on A/I forum or write us. You would provide us with invaluable help if you could update this manual with us (even more if you send us your updated screenshots!).
WARNING: SSL support to encrypt your mail traffic requires you install A/I certificates. You can download it and install it from our Certification Autority website!
How to configure Eudora 5.x to download A/I mail
- Launch Eudora 5.x and open the Tools menu, choosing the Personalities tab
- Right-click in the panel and choose New to create a new identity. If you want to update an existing idenity right-click on the idenity and choose Properties, and then go to step 4
- If you are creating a new identity follow the New Account Wizard: choose Skip directly to advance account setup and insert your connection parameters
- In your Account Settings in the Generic Properties tab
fill in your connection parameters:
- Real Name: the name you want others to see when receiving mail from you
- Return Address: your e-mail address
- Login Name: your full e-mail address
- SMTP Server: smtp.autistici.org
- Mark the checkbox Secure Sockets, Required, Alternate Port
- In the Incoming Mail tab:
- Pop server: mail.autistici.org
- Mark the checkbox Secure Sockets, Required, Alternate Port.
- Now when you download or send emails you should see a lock icon visualized in your Eudora window. Enjoy!